About Me

My photo
I do not have a blood of a blogger but sometimes I have a lot in mind that I can't talk about with someone especially my dreams

Saturday, October 19, 2013

COSPLAY PHOTOS: BEFORE AND AFTER

I've been a cosplayer for five years and I just noticed something wrong with some of my cosplays...

I HAVEN'T STUDIED THE CHARACTER PROPERLY BEFORE I DO IT

When I started cosplaying in 2008, I just said to myself "Go ahead! Dress up and role play!" but when I looked into my cosplay from before, there is always something lacking. Sometimes it's make up and mostly it was the characterization.

As a young girl (before) I want to collect a quantity of my cosplays and not the quality. I use my costume for a maximum of 2-3 times before but I discovered that it wasn't a good manner. I was still new in the community and I didn't care about how I look in person or in photos.
But now, I do care...

As a cosplayer, I collect my photos as souvenir from conventions or photoshoots or I can also say as an art that I do.

Here are some photos of my sailor mars cosplays
LEFT: taken in year 2008 - that was the first time that I cosplayed Sailor Mars
I haven't studied how SM's make up would look like so I ended up putting very light make up which faded during the convention. The pose is also a little awkward as my head was bent towards left. Wig: I don't use wigs for long black hair because I already have that but It doesn't look good.

MIDDLE: taken in year 2009 - that was my second time cosplaying SM. I haven't watch Sailor Moon completely but still knows a little about the character because she has been my favorite in the series because of her attitude. That pose, was actually inspired from a small figure that I bought at Manila sidewalks
RIGHT: taken in year 2013 - It has been a while since I last worn my costume. If I wasn't needed as a proxy to the group's original SM, I can say that I already retired the costume. But since I was going to cosplay it, I did what I didn't do before...
I STUDIED THE CHARACTER
at least some of her background and basics. I came up with different poses by studying the character's photos and posing in front of the mirror.
 
 
 
I know I'm still not good enough but I can say that practice will improve you.






PS: Most Cosplayers say that you should practice in the mirror. I have my own version.
Since selfie is trendy, use your camera for your pose practice ^w*
I do that XD




No comments:

Translate